Every practitioner knows that it is vitally important to work well with parents and make the relationship a positive and productive one, to ensure the best support for the child with special educational needs. This book offers clear strategies for ways to forge successful and lasting relationships with parents.
- Advice on working together with parents to improve the child's learning
- Strategies for communicating effectively with parents
- Help for the pre-school SENCO, showing how they can lead the process
- Tips for building successful links with other related professionals
- Activities and case studies
- A CD Rom with checklists and useful photocopiable material.
This book is ideal for all those working with the 0 to 5 age range, such as pre-school practitioners, nursery managers, advisory teachers, SENCOs, Inclusion Officers and Child Care and Education students and tutors.
"This very timely book...aims to support practitioners to work in partnership with parents, particularly those parents whose children have special or additional needs...It very clearly sets out the principles, legislative framework and processes which are essential knowledge for all SENCOs and managers in early years settings" - Early Years Update
"The book has a positive approach to all aspects of working with parents and children...It's a book you can easily dip in and out of and is written in plain English...There aren't many textbooks I can read from cover to cover but this is one - I found it really interesting and enlightening. Score - 10 out of 10" - National Childminding Association
"In short, this book provides almost everything you need in order to work successfully with parents" - Early Years Educator